Usually web apps and web pages are composed of many files. Although create many files is good to obtain a high degree of re-usability and ease of maintenance, it works against loading time and latency. GruntJS, once configured, allows to join all files and compress the result in a single command.
In addition to join and compress files, GruntJS also is ready to do other tasks like:
- real time visualization of changes,
- creation of derived contents,
- applying templates,
- creation of timestamps to improve cache performance,
- automatic creation of mobile app manifest,
- real time code review,
- execution of tests in real-time
You can find a tutorial here: Introducció.